Anyone can produce content. But creating such content that could keep your readers hooked is hard enough. By adapting a right strategy, one can overcome this challenge easily. It is important to create engaging content in order to make sure that your audience is connected with you consistently. However, creating content is not enough. Writing and publishing content is easy but marketing your content has never been so challenging. In order to create great content, one needs to have a good content marketing strategy, creativity and high ending writing skills.
Before sharing our 5 pro tips with you, take a glance at the following 7 steps to build a successful content marketing strategy:
- Plan (Research & Insight): Research, surveys, analysis and other forms of insight gathering is a part of this step. Before creating content, plan who you are, where you are and where you want to be. Do business-keyword research to increase the relevancy of your content and to make it more accurate and original.
- Setting Up Of Goals: Identify your audience. This will help you create content as per the needs of your target audience and prioritise your desired outcomes.
- Content Strategy: It is the process of planning content to achieve desired outcomes. Plan what story you want to tell to your target audience.
- Content Creation: This step involves creating content identified and planned in the content strategy. Use keywords related to your business and avoid using complex terms in the content so that readers find it easy to understand.
- Content Curation & Distribution: It involves sourcing and publishing content originating from other sources. Create, manage, optimise and aggregate your content.
- Distribution: This step involves publishing and marketing your content. Identify the channel where you want to tell it (Facebook, Twitter, Email, LinkedIn, blog).
- Engagement: Interact with your audience. Converse and listen. Measure the actions that your audience takes with your content and learn.
All these steps are of equal importance and require utmost attention while creating content. Now, here are the 5 pro tips for you which will help update your content strategies:-
- Make Multiple Versions
Create multiple versions of the same content. For example:- an article can be made available in podcast, can be converted into infographic, can be posted on SlideShare in the form of an PPT, etc. Multiple versions will attract traffic and your content will be reached to the reader through different ways.
- Guest Blogging
Guest blogging is creating content and publishing it on another person’s website. Blogs are a very popular platform for guest posting. It may not give you thousands of visitors but traffic coming in via a guest post will not just be a visitor but may be a second customer or follower.
- Connect With Influencers
Online influencers are the people who get the attention of the biggest brands, have a real following, are actively involved in social media and create great content. Make time to find new connections. Identify an online influencer who is most influential within your specific industry .
At times old is gold. Promoting your piece of content via email is very common but a highly effective method. Shooting emailers to your opt-in list increases follow, builds second customers with better brand image.
- Track Down New Connections And Update Your Social Networks Frequently
While social listening assists you with finding who is most persuasive inside a particular industry, the social media channels like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn can be very useful in tracking down extra connections. These social networking sites are unbelievably useful in finding individuals similar to those you as of now follow. Also, update your social media channels frequently.
Don’t forget to follow these tips while creating your content strategies.